Master, Organic Chemistry, Gadjah Mada University (UGM)
Bachelor, Organic Chemistry, Gadjah Mada University (UGM)
- Chemical industry
- Organic chemistry for industry
- Perfume, Flavor and Aroma Therapy
- Organic reaction mechanism
- Synthesis of Essential Oils and Derivatives
Main activity and expertise:
His main field of work is the chemistry of natural ingredients from Indonesia, particularly essential oils, which includes the exploration of new sources and their uses. Research that focuses on the isolation, analysis and conversion of essential oil components into more valuable products. Such as fragrant lemongrass oil, basil oil, jasmine oil, cananga oil, tuberose flower oil, lime oil, basil oil, oil from spices.
Consultant for essential oil production and analysis. The processing of essential oils into natural biopesticides, micro / nano encapsulation of essential oils for raw materials for the perfume industry, and refining of crude essential oils into refining products that have sale value are some of the most recent research activities undertaken.
- Young Lecturer Research Grant (internal, DPPM), 2006, Isolation and Analysis of Main Components of Fragrant Citronella Oil (Cymbopogon winterianus Jowitt).
- National Education Research Excellence Scholarship, 2007, Isolation and analysis of pineapple aroma using the C-VAT (Cold Vapor Aroma Trapping) Method.
- Grants compete, as a team member, DIKTI, 2008, Conversion of Citronellal in Citronella Oil into Isopulegol using ZrO2-montmorillonite Catalyst
- Basic Research Grants (internal, DPPM), 2009, Isolation and Analysis of Basil Essential Oil (Ocimum citriodorum) and Bioactivity Testing of Grasshoppers.
- Grants compete, as team leader, DIKTI, 2011, Biocontrol and Biopesticides of Vegetable and Fruit Plants from the Essential Oil of Basil Plants, Purple Selasih and Green Selasih.
- Basic Research Grant (internal, DPPM), 2011, Conversion of Main Compounds Contained in Purple Basil Oil (Ocimum canum, Sims) and Bioactivity Testing.
- Grants compete, as team leader, DIKTI, 2012, Biocontrol and biopesticides of Vegetable and Fruit Plants from Basil Essential Oil, Purple Selasih and Green Selasih, subtitles: Utilization of Essential Oil Derivative Compounds of Purple Selasih (Ocimum Canum, Sims) as Antibacterial Materials
- Excellent Research Grant (internal, DPPM), 2012, MAOS (Microwave Assisted Organic Synthesis) Based Synthesis on Methyl Kavikol in Green Basil Essential Oil (Ocimum violaceum) and Testing of its Antibacterial Activity against Staphyllococus aureus and Escherichia coli Bacteria
- Basic Research Grant (internal, DPPM), 2014, Isolation of Citral Compounds in Basil Essential Oil (Ocimum citriodorum, L.) with Bisulfite Extraction Method and Atmospheric Steam Distillation Method
- Regional Leading Research of Sleman Regency (RUD), 2014, Using Fruitfly Trapper with Purple Selasih Essential Oil (Ocimum Canum, Sims) to Overcome Fruit Fly Pests.
- 2015-2016 DIKTI Community Service Grant, Science and Technology for Campus Innovation and Creativity (IbIKK) Production and Consultant Services of CEOS FMIPA UII Essential Oil.
|1. Formulation Oil Basil ( Ocinum citriodorum sp.) And Its use by a number signup : P00201100634||06 November 2018||Patent Number : IDP000054471. Invention is related to a material repellent pest -based oil of basil ( Ocimum citriodorum sp. ) With a formulation that can be used as a pesticide farming and easy to use in the application of spray . Material active are formulated is the oil of basil which is obtained through the distillation of steam that has characteristics among others: the content of cis- citral and trans- sitral by 60% -75% w / w, colored yellow , smells like lemon and having an index refraction and rotation optical average of 1.3426 and (+) 4.90 ° at a temperature of 28 ° C. Formulations made from ingredients active oil basil with a range of doses of 0.25 to 1.25 milliliters , material filler hidrolat basil with a range of doses of 15% v / v, materials surfactant Tween 80 with a range of doses of 4.75 to 5.5% v / v , material binder propylene glycol 95% with a range of doses of 5% v / v of the total volume of the formula and ingredients solvent such as water to obtain a total volume of 1 liter . The results of the testing field to plant mango , guava seeds and chili pepper showed that the use of the volume of material of active oil basil 0.25 to 1.25 mL can decrease the attack beetle rollers leaf mango , pest infestation white leaves of guava seeds and chili pepper up to 70% – 80% for 15 days on the use of a pest repellent formula without dilution .|
|2. Formulation of Edible Coating chitosan-Oil basil To Extend Age Save Fruits Strawberries .||22 May 2019||Patent Number : IDP000059051. Invention is combining chitosan with oil of basil that has been long known as a material antimicrobials are safe as edible coating of fruit strawberries . This invention is proven to extend the shelf life of strawberries . Chitosan 0.1% (w / v) to inhibit fungi on fruit strawberries combined with oil of basil 0.25% (w / v) has been able to add age savings and fruit strawberries without edible coating of 2 days into eight days in air open and temperature room 28 o C. As for chitosan as an edible coating without the active ingredient of basil oil, it can extend the shelf life of up to 4 days .
Invention is produce edible coating with the characteristics of the chemical , physical , organoleptic and functional are more preferred . Edible coating with properties of antimicrobials is expected to prevent contamination of pathogens and prevent the growth of microorganisms spoilage that contained in the material of food or the surface material of food .
|3. Method for determining the complete chemical type (complete chemtype ) of essential oil of basil ( ocimum citridorum sp )||November 22, 2013||Patent registration number : EP22201300004|