Habibi Hidayat, S.Pd., M.Si.
Analysis and Characterization of Lactic Acid Bacteria Gene As a producer of Enzym and probiotics
Friction diet of modern society with the consumption of foods are containing protein and high fat and low fiber content which is suspected as a tringger for various diseases be related with digestive tract. Modification of composition the digestive tract bacteria can be done through consumption of live bacteria so that to maintain the balance of beneficial bacteria in the digestive tract. One of the bacteria in the market are lactic acid bacteria (LAB), especially from Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium genus (Sunjaya, 2008). Lactic acid bacteria (LAB) including microorganisms that are safe if added in the food because it is non toxic and not producing toxins, so that it is called a food grade microorganisms or be known as microorganisms that Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) namely microorganisms that no risk to health, even, some types of bacteria are beneficial to health especially in helping the human digestive process known as probiotic bacteria.
Probiotic bacteria is one of the microorganisms that are as non pathogenic bacteria, so that if consumptioned then this bacteria will giving positive effect to physiology and health of it host. According Grajek (2005), probiotic bacteria non pathogenic, genetically stable and resistant to enzym digestion. Extracellular and intracellular digestive enzymes produced can help the digestive process in humans ike proteace and lactase enzymes (Putranto, 2006). Enzym is a protein that function as biocatalysts in living cells. The progress in fermentation technology, genetic engineering and technological applications of enzym cause the use of enzymes in industry were spreading and growing very rapidly. This enzyme itself has been widely used in the food industry, healthcare, pharmaceutical and other chemical industries. One of the enzymes that are widely used in the health field is a protease enzyme. The value of world trade enzymes reach 3 to 4 billion dollars each year, 4 to 5 million dollars of which from the Indonesian market which is fully imported from producer countries enzyme. The large market and the natural resources that support is a valuable opportunity for the development of industrial enzymes in the country of Indonesia (Kosin, 2010).
1. H. Hidayat, 2015, Identification of morphology and antimicrobial activity test against Escherichia coli bacteria from Markisa fruit Fermentation (Passiflora sp.), Eksakta: Jurnal Ilmu-Ilmu MIPA, 15 (1-2), 75-84.
2. H. Hidayat, 2017, Analysis of 16S rRNA gene lactic acid bacteria (LAB) isolate from Markisa fruit (Passiflora sp.) as a producer of protease enzyme and probiotics, AIP Conference Proceedings 1823 (1), 020110
3. H. Hidayat, 2017, Biochemical Test and Isolation of Antimicrobial Activity From Seeds Starfruit Extract (Averrhoa carambola.L), IJCR (Indonesian Journal of Chemical Research) vol 3, No 1 (2017).
4. H. Hidayat, 2017, Implementation of ICARE learning model using visualization animation on biotechnology course AIP Conference Proceedings 1911, 020027 (2017)
Menjadi pembicara/instruktur dalam berbagai forum ilmiah nasional maupun internasional, baik berupa Seminar, Simposium, Pelatihan, Workshop dan lain sebagainya.
1. Anggota Himpunan Kimia Indonesia (HKI)
2. Member of Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC)