This strategic plan was built by considering the following points:
1. The formulation of UII’s vision, mission, objectives, and main tasks, as set out in the 2017 Statutes.
2. Strategic Direction 2018-2022 PYBW UII. This document provides guidance on the focus of UII’s development towards an international reputation built on competitive advantage (innovation), quality management and organizational values, which are based on four institutional capabilities, namely leadership, resources/capital, content, and processes/systems.
3. Master Plan for Development of the Indonesian Islamic University 2008-2038. In the context of the preparation of this Strategic Plan, it is positioned as a document that needs to be reviewed for its relevance and up-to-date according to the trends and implementation of developments that have been achieved from previous periods and the latest developments in the world of education, industry and society in general.
4. The latest developments of UII in the 2014-2018 Rectorate period and the results of the 2017 Higher Education Institution Accreditation (AIPT). The organization is basically path-dependent, tied to previous conditions. 5. The results of the SWOT analysis above capture this condition. In this context, the principle of almuhafadhotu ala alqodim ashshalih, wa alahdzu bi aljadidi alashlah, this strategic plan preserves the good from the past, and introduces new things that are better. Several illustrations of the current state of UII are presented in this strategic plan.
6. The driving trends for change, which have been briefly discussed above, are: (a) digital technology, (b) democratization of knowledge and access, (c) global mobility, (d) collaboration with industry and society, (e) increasingly competitive strict, and (f) the values in society are fading.
7. Reflection on the basic values of UII since its establishment, namely (a) integration between science and religion, (b) diversity of Islamic thought, (c) nationality, and (d) internationalization.